I am restless beyond measure. And a little frustrated this week that I wasn't able to put all my creative juices to use. Sleep still eludes me and it's past 1 am. I am slowly realizing that I fight sleep because the quiet night affords me the silence and calmness that I so need. It's a funny thing. I hate being sleepless but I love being awake. Has that ever happened to you?
I am restless because there are so many things I want to create...so many art projects...yet there is so little time. I've had such a busy schedule eversince I came back from vacation last month, and I haven't had the chance to fully recover yet...an 8-5 job to put up with (because that pays the bills), household management (and engineering so they say), social functions, and my homebased business --- that has been forever on pre-flight mode since I started it....What can I say...not enough time!!! This is an old song. A melody that keeps coming back, even if I seek to change the tracks.
Anyway, my friend wanted me to check out my options at Rummyownthink.com , an online agency that helps individuals manage their own business, innovate, earn and grow. They are accepting 5 applicants for 2012. I still have to check out the entire site, but it looks really helpful. I heard that the goals are running own workshops, consulting and training business teams to create new ideas (ooooh, I like), and training for innovation techniques (thumbs up, baby, I likey likey) and a flexible business which can be run from home (what more can you ask for?)
So while I ponder about my existence and rethink the process of where my life is going, I will consider this option. After all, I'm already the queen of innovation -- and yes, I already have a product that will sell like hotcakes when it launches --- a hightech gadget that adds 12 more hours to a really short 24-hour day cycle, especially when you have so many art projects in your head, but so little free time to make them happen. I should know!
A Day-Booster pack, anyone?
Authored by Rickey Combs
I recently read an article that said that it wasn’t healthy for a child to fall asleep watching tv. I guess I kind of new that intuitively, but it was the only way I could get my son to fall asleep and stay in the bed at night. If I didn’t go on http://www.cannonsatellite.com/ and get tv for him, it would be very difficult to get him to stay in the bed. I turn off the tv once he has fallen asleep, but I let him use it to fall asleep. Our routine right now is bath, pjs, teeth, book, song, prayer, and then tv to fall asleep. So, it’s not like he isn’t getting enriching time with me. We read, we sing, we talk, but then when it is time for me to leave, I turn the tv on to keep him in his bed. I wonder if that is what the article is talking about, or more like the kids who only get tv at night, and nothing else.
Guest post written by Jessica Lewis
I've had some really great plans for our home as soon as I set my eyes on it. Sure, the carpet wasn't my favorite color and I had some major issues with the bathroom. But, I think that now that we're all moved in, I'm going to take my time doing all of these things in our home. Besides, that fits in better with our budget anyhow.
I've been doing most of my research online to find pricing and what services I'm going to use to do each thing in our home. I know that at least for now, I'm going to use http://www.homeproimprovement.com to handle our carpeting. I'm not really sure what the former owner had in mind when she picked out sea foam green for carpeting all over the house, but I don't think that I want to get it.
So I'm going to replace the carpet with a much more neutral tan. I think that will be a lot easier to clean and match all kinds of new decor to. I'm really looking forward to having a normal color of carpet.
I'm back for my random 10. A thoughts snapshot for the week, er, month? How long does it take for me to come back and visit anyway?
1. The bosses gave away extra pizza from their power meeting...and I willingly accepted three slices. (You bet, I was gonna scratch that off and write "two" instead, but I decided to be honest). Then another one came by with a tray of free dessert, and I got me a slice of banana bread. I was like, OMG, I'M AN EATING MACHINE! *with matching thought images of a real machine with a funnel on top where you can drop food and it will be sucked into a grinder going chu-chug chu-chug chu-chug* Too funny!
2. I just realized I PURPOSELY step on sidewalk/pavement cracks......because I always hated it and I still do. I defy myself. That's how I roll.
3. I'm currently smitten with iPhoneography. I always thought huge DSLRs are intimidating and a burden to carry around. so perhaps I'll never own one. Right now, I'm having a love affair with the photo apps on my trusty iPhone. I have an album on my FaceBook called "RANDOM SNAPSHOTS FROM A MOVING TRAIN". It's a happy journey. Simple, and instantly gratifying. I like that.
4. I just realized yesterday that the reason why I don't play the piano as much as I want to is because I can only do it when:
a. Hubby's home with me and he's not watching TV
b. I'm by myself at home (but only while the sun is still up)
I just came to terms with the fact yesterday that it creeps me out to play all by myself after sun down because of a stupid fear of having my two late grandmothers' ghosts come by behind me at the piano to listen, or correct my expression and timing since my most favorite pieces to play were their "signature" pieces while they were still alive (Drumheller and Baderewski). Don't think it's stupid. If you were in my shoes, you'll avoid it too. Teehee!
5. I'm finally overcoming my "wordlessness" and "speechlessness" following a hectic schedule at work with me spewing out document after document of corporate communication, an extra task our COO gave me. It's fun. But it left me "headachy" for a while. I'm getting used to the grind now. So, thus, I blog. LOL.
6. There's approximately 6 minutes of keyboard time left for me before I take off. I'm running out of things to say.
7. I can't wait to upgrade my iPhone...which is due next week. More photo apps...wee hee!
8. It's Friday tomorrow. I can't wait.
9. I have deadlines to beat tonight. I'll do them in between cooking...and making talking to my mom and dad on the phone.
10. Yippy, I stretched it to 10! This thought is valid!
1. I am finding it more and more (and rather shamelessly) convenient to write my stuff in bullets here. I guess it works. And this is my site so I make the rules. Teehee! I just like to capture my random thoughts as candidly as possible, sans any vacillation. Most of the time, I surprise myself each time I come back to read an old post. Like, hey, I really said that? Or like...hmmm, I don't remember this anymore but good thing I have the blog to make me remember! So, writing it all here in bullets is supposed to be a good thing.
2. My friend is so passionate about my own passion. Dig that! Over coffee one time, I just mentioned how I dream of my art being printed on this *beep* [can't tell my secret yet] and she launched a full-blown marketing plan for me. She's acting like an agent now, which really makes me happy because it's really hard for me to market my own stuff, while having to deal with actually executing them, and managing all these non-stop hypercreative thoughts that sprout every waking moment...and then, the 8-5 job that I so treasure these days too. Sometimes, I still don't know how I am able to pull it all off....especially with my zealous commitment to my household, my kitchen, my hubby, and all my other family and friends. Magic, you say? I'd say....Christ! I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!!!
3. It's Friday. I was planning to make Grilled Chicken on Pesto Pasta for dinner but the hubs was requesting if I can pick up our dinner from our favorite burger place. Yeah, it's a premium meat place where I usually order THAT vegetarian burger. Don't look at me like that. I mean, I'm not vegetarian. But I'm really addicted to all things vegetarian that maybe one day, I won't be surprised if I really take the leap. But I'm hoping to take bacon with me. LOL.
4. I drink coffee again! Did you get that... I.AM.DRINKING.COFFEE.AGAIN. Don't ask. But yeah, I do it in moderation. Don't ask.
5. Sometimes, I wonder why I still hang on to this Bravejournal blog when I have a lot of other sites to take care of. Habit, I guess. So, you'll see me dropping by here until I have finally decided to lock the gates. Let's put it this way.... http://www.missclarisse.com is my home, http://www.wonderwifey.com is my office, and this one is my HOTEL. The other sites are pitstops. Here is where I take my vacation when I'm feeling fed up with the others, especially when I have to write opps when all I really want to do is hide inside my head.
5 today, when my target for each visit is a 10-point list. Does that mean that the shorter my list, the less things there are going on in my life...ergo, the less exciting it is?
That means, I have more important things to do than focus on this list. Hahaha. So, speaking of....
Toodles for now. Other more important things are calling my name! And oh, TGIF....I hope your weekend rocks!